Competitions are great for fashion businesses as they help test the creative prowess of fashion designers and showcase fashion items the brand produces. They have thrown many fashion designers and brands into the limelight and opened doors to great opportunities for them.
If you are a go-getter fashion designer that loves competitions, another chance to showcase your talent to the world and promote what you believe in is here.
The Wearable Art Collective is hosting a competition for emerging African designers who have always dreamed of international exposure.
After previous successful showcases in Acra, London, and New York Fashion Week (NYFW) February 2020, they have decided to host a competition in which established and emerging African designers can participate. The participant that emerges winner of the competition gets to win a slot at this year’s prestigious Emerge NYFW showcase taking place this September, virtually or otherwise, in New York.
The NYFW is one of the biggest fashion events in the world and it plays a huge role in the work of fashion. It is one that every designer should strive to be a part of. This opportunity will provide great exposure to a diverse audience of fashion, style, industry enthusiasts, influencers, and media specialists.
How to Participate
The theme for the competition is “Artisan Africa II” and participants are expected to submit 4 African themed designs to “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
But first, all intending participants must go through the following steps;
- Pay the registration fee (of $100 = NGN 36,000) and complete the application form,
- Go through their emails after registration and payment confirmation, to look for the information pack that will be sent to them.
Deadline for Submission is July 15th, 2020.
Prizes to be Won
All emerging winners i.e. winner, first runner-up, and second runner-up will get the following prizes;
- Opportunity to showcase to a diverse international audience.
- Networking opportunities with international buyers, press, influencers, etc
- Mentoring and Coaching support from established creatives.
- Unique opportunity for the designer to showcase their African influenced creativity on the world stage.
- Possible international pop up opportunities, alternative shows, and events.
- Complimentary brand promotion and publicity.
- The Finale/ The Winning Designer will receive the opportunity to showcase their collection at Emerge NYFW.
To find out more about the competition and register, click here.
Emerging and established designers are hereby invited to take advantage of this rare opportunity to showcase their creativity and design prowess to promote the rich African culture on an international platform.
673054 418592It is really a good and useful piece of information. Im glad that you just shared this useful information with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing. 633926
825124 630079Id need to have to consult you here. Which isnt some thing Which i do! I enjoy reading a post that can make people feel. Also, appreciate your allowing me to comment! 122775
753249 380979 There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you produced certain good points in functions also. 424842
2873 499260Yay google is my king assisted me to discover this outstanding internet site ! . 131106